During this mid-sem break, I was able to book a long session on Monday in the recording studio.
I worked on refining my project (for sound lab), practising more looping, updating this blog and technical practice.
On Wednesday we had a very exciting trio rehearsal.
This involved N (projection mapping) and V (dance).
Our performance concept is developing well.
I decided to share some of what I've been up to on social media.
I have been able to find a better setup and become faster at it.
Things to do
Check out our video here:
This week led up to Good Friday.
I worked on looping, and played for a video and photoshoot involving the theremin.
I worked mostly on solo theremin.
Monday at Sound Lab was productive.
I found out on Wednesday that the gig next Friday has been postponed. It was originally going to be in a studio in Marrickville. We had a set with a VJ, dancer from Sydney Dance Company, and myself. We will likely host our own one later independently. I'm looking forward to working on our trio project next week.
Watch my progress video here:
Experimenting with looping, soundscapes, textures and effects.
I had a listen to some of my music again on the weekend and I am now feeling a bit more positive. There is so much that sometimes I forget what I have recorded or made. At the moment I am working on making a theremin beat (thanks N for the idea). A suggested mixing the theremin drums I made with normal drums.
Things to do:
Track specific goals:
Reflections from my Wednesday session:
Some tips from A: